Family Fostercare in East Yorkshire, based out of Beverley, are looking to recruit an experienced full-time Fostering Admin to provide administrative support to the fostering teams and Family Fostercare in its prime duties of delivering foster care recruitment, approval and support within the Regulatory regime. This will include typing and clerical support, implementation, maintenance and update of systems and records, co-ordination of and minute taking during official meetings, data entry, reception and telephone duties.
This is a fast-paced role and you will need to be IT proficient with a good knowledge of Microsoft office – especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail in order manage confidential and complex admin duties. You will need to be flexible, resilient and able to work under pressure to meet targets and achieve deadlines.
As Fostering Admin your main duties will include:
- To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of quality assurance
- To undertake health and safety checks as required by legislation on behalf of the Registered Manager
- To be the office based first aider/fire marshall and undertake update training as required
- Maintain petty cash systems in line with the finance policy
- Ensure foster carer allowance procedures are followed
- Replenish stationery as required
- Use of the company database system
- Covering other regional offices by long arm support to ensure effective delivery of work throughout the agency
- Induction and training of new staff
As Fostering Admin you must:
- hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, including minimum C Grade in English and Mathematics
- be able to evidence achievement in Microsoft office applications and/or keyboard skills
- have administrative experience gained through recent, relevant employment
- have a working knowledge of relevant children’s services and fostering legislation and regulations
- be willing to work flexibly and be able to work on occasion outside of normal office hours
Please download and carefully read the Job Description for a full list of requirements for this role.
Family Fostercare is proud of our accreditation as an Investor in People, and by joining Family Fostercare candidates will benefit from working as part of a close-knit, friendly team who share a commitment to delivering warm, caring and sensitive support with a strong family-feel to looked after children, foster carers and their families.
Closing date for applications: 15th March 2018.
If you wish to apply, please submit applications as early as possible as we reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the published closing date due to having a sufficient amount of applications.