Independent Foster Carer Reviewing Officer, West Midlands
Family Fostercare in the West Midlands, based in Worcester and Dudley, are looking to commission a suitably qualified and experienced Foster Carer Reviewing Officer to undertake foster carer annual reviews.
The work will involve using the BAAF document 'Foster Carer Reviews Good Practice Guide' and relevant paperwork, using the company’s electronic recording data base, working with other professionals in order to gather information for reviews, writing reports and attending supervision sessions with the registered manager to ensure compliance and performance.
Family Fostercare commissions Reviewing Officers on a regional and self-employed basis with a contract for services. The following fees and reimbursement rates are offered:
- A fee of £250.00 will be paid for the timely and satisfactory completion of each annual foster carer review
- A fee of £350.00 will be paid for each three-year review
- A fee of £50.00 will be paid for attendance at Fostering Panel
- £10.00 per hour travelling time will be paid
- Mileage is paid at 35p pence per mile
- Where receipts are produced, costs for road/bridge tolls and car parking will be paid for by Family Fostercare
As Independent Foster Carer Reviewing Officer you must:
- hold a Social Work Qualification as recognised by the HCPC or equivalent body
- hold a current HCPC Registration
- have a minimum 3 years post qualifying experience in children’s social work with at least one year as a fostering supervising social worker
- have a proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing and analysis including experience of completing Form F assessments and being part of foster carer reviews
- have a comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant child care legislation and fostering regulations and standards.
Please download and carefully read the Terms of Commission and Job Descripton for full details and a list of requirements for this role.
Closing Date: no closing date