We are urgently seeking a Senior Supervising Social Worker with fostering experience for our Worcester office. The right candidate will share our family-feel ethos and value the opportunity to work with a small, close-knit team dedicated to meeting the individual care needs of our foster families in the region.
You will be required to undertake supervising social worker tasks and duties in compliance with fostering regulations and national minimum standards, providing suitable foster carers and fostering placements for looked after children.
Main duties will include:
- Working in close liaison with the Registered Manager to develop the fostering service and deputising in their absence
- Monthly, auditing and monitoring all matching, placement plans/care plans, health and education plans, permanence plans and where appropriate pathway plans
- Monthly auditing of foster carer and childrens files for compliance, auditing and reviewing of risk assessment and behaviour and management plans
- Supervising the supervising social workers as required and undertaking annual appraisals and training plans
- Contributing to foster carer training and annual reviews
- Undertaking all unannounced visits to fostering homes as a checks and balance process
- Carrying complex cases and/or making decisions in complex cases
- Attend Family Fostercare Management meetings as requested or instructed
- To keep abreast of new legislation, guidance, policy direction, effective good practice and research in order to do the job and inform the Agency
For a full description of the role and person specification please download the complete Job Description.
Salary is £31,000 - £36,000 progression/bar. You must be social work qualified with a minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience and hold a current HCPC registration. Candidates should also have a full driving licence and access to a car that is fully insured for business usage with an up to date MOT. This position requires full vetting checks for working with children.
Complete information about the role is included in the job description which we strongly recommend you download and carefully read.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible, so we encourage you to send in your applications as soon as possible. Closing date for applications is Thursday 26th April, 2018.