Family Fostercare is currently recruiting for sessional Family Support Workers with our agency based in the Yorkshire region. There is one permanent ten-hour post and additionally we are wanting to grow a bank of ‘as and when’ sessional support workers.
We are a small agency with our office base in Doncaster, however there would be an expectation to travel across the wider Yorkshire region, so we would welcome applications if you live in Beverley/ Hull/ Wakefield / Doncaster / Rotherham areas.
The main duties of the role will include task centred pieces of work with children and young people aged 0 -18 years, support to foster carers in carrying out their fostering task and responsibilities towards looked after children and young people.
Main Duties will include:
- • Supporting children and young people in foster placements as directed by the supervising social worker and manager.
- • Supervising contact of looked after children where required
- • Arranging and coordinating social events and activities with the looked after child and/or the fostering household
- •Organise and run focus groups with children and young people
- • As required attend meetings to support foster carers, social workers, children and other agencies
- • Any other supportive tasks as requested by the fostering regional manager, the senior supervising social worker, or the supervising social worker. e.g health and safety checks at fostering households.
For further information, please contact Belinda Cashman, Registered Manager or Nicole Wayman, Senior Supervising Social Worker on 01302 910215.
Applications will close on the 13th June 2019.